Sunday, 21 April 2013

Scrapbook Album

While on holiday i thought I would have a go with making an album from scratch. I found a great Youtube video that gave me some tips on binding an album.

I used recycled chipboard card that i got with some paper from SU. I then used a sheet of Natural Composition Specialty for the binding as its really nice and strong but also more flexible than just a sheet of chipboard.

Here is my first go!
I used retired DSP (Designer Series Paper) just incase it all went wrong, and here is my end result:








Because my first album worked out so well i thought i would have a go with making a proper one. 
By the next album I had run out of chipboard, but after many hours of googling (im not very good at it!) I managed to find this web site
 http://www.papercutz.co.uk/?gclid=CM648Iu127YCFbMQtAodZFYA-Q
They sell chipboard (aka Greyboard) for a really great price and had very fast delivery!


This album took me nearly 5 hours to make and decorate and i still have more to do. Im hoping to add a few more details on some of the pages and would love to decorate the front and back and add some kind go closure clasp on it. 

Any suggestions for things to add would be happily excepted!

I used the chipboard for the front and back pages and Crumb Cake card stock for the inner pages and binding so that my book wasnt too heavy and weight but was flexible. Then I used my favorite pack of paper at the moment, Fan Fair. Let me know what you think

Engagement Album








2 comments:

  1. These are lovely Sasha I love your engagement album, it is so precious, and the black and white photos are perfect, were they professionally taken?
    I have Mini books that I made for the last few christmases and they are my favourite, favourite things. Having seen your album I might make mine a black and white one for Christmas 2013! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Helen! The photo's we're taken by our wedding photographer in Canada just before we got married in 2008. She was fantastic. Black and white photos are great as they match whatever paper you choose to use to decorate an album.

    ReplyDelete